Wednesday, July 28, 2010

O Arcturis, Arcturis! Wherefore Art Thou, Arcturis

Ah, Spirit Beasts! The most hunted of the hunted, or so I hear. My husband wanted Loque'nahak from the first moment he saw one. They are very beautiful.

In the days before I leveled a hunter, I was out in Sholazar Basin on my mage. Mining. I love mining. Not the monotony of the act, but the searching for the treasure, the thrill of seeing it and NABBING IT. And you never know what little extra surprises you'll get! Hmm..ok it might just be me then:)
So I was flying around when my NPCScan Addon went off. Bells, whistles and a picture. I love NPCScan. I target the rare and there she is in all her beauty. Friends list UP and my husband - is in ICC. 10 seconds of indecision and a warlock lands a few feet away. One instant ice bolt, the tag belongs to me. And then, on the bright side, I've completed yet another part of the Northern Exposure achievement. Of course, someones not going to be very happy with me. I did wait until after he was out of ICC to explain my dirty deed, head down and sort of dejected as I listened to 5 minutes of ranting and then I swore I would never, ever let a spirit beast get away from HIM again. Never mind that he even if he immediately left ICC and came running, he would not have made it before she got tagged. But hey, I was the one who killed her!

A solid week of trolling SB later, (and about 3,ooo gold richer thank you very much!) comes along Christmas morning. What? I was up wrapping presents:) Might as well make a pass around SB, right? And sure enough, almost right "behind" where Pitch hangs out (behind being towards Wintergrasp), there she is! It's only 4am here, but my husband is going to get some wake up call! I don't think I've ever seen him come alive so quick. I had him logged and and flying to SB before he got to his computer chair. Luckily, he had BM as his "off spec" still, so it was just a matter of him stabling his wolf while I fidgeted, and then drop the frost trap and heart away!

So all was forgiven. After seeing him with the spirit beast, I decided to try a hunter. OK, not *just* for that reason alone. I had tried a hunter as my first WoW character, and she made it to level 5 before the evil Ironforge incident:) But now, I seriously wanted to give a hunter a try.

And, my husband wanted to do the refer-a-friend thing, due to the new rocket mount. So, easy leveling here I come! Presto, almost instantly, a new level 80 hunter for ME. So shiny, so new!

A week and a half of puttering around SB and not one sighting. Depressing. Where the heck had she gone off to? So I decided to work on some quests in Grizzly Hills and try to locate Arcturis. Day two of questing and I'm working on collecting bear butt flanks. Weird, but true. I'm standing near the water shooting said bear butts, when a blood elf races by on a log in the river. WTF? Giggling, I turned to shoot another bear and a SECOND blood elf races by on a log, IN THE RIVER! Very funny, too bad I wasn't quick enough to get a screen shot. I'm sure it's part of some quest, but holy cow, it was good for some giggles. As I aimed at the next bear, NPCScan goes off. I turn towards Amberpine Lodge and there he is - Arcturis. I swear, he spawned right on top of me. Shaking hands stabled my wolf, and I fired off an ice trap then sent out some loving to my about to be new best friend!



Fattened him up on some caribou, popped in to Dalaran to show him off to the hubby, then off I went to Zangarmarsh. What? I'm chasing achievements and I need Sporeggar rep:) First few pulls I thought I had a druid helping out on the kills. The Spirit Strike ability he has looks suspiciously like a balance druid hit. Very cool pet indeed.











No comments:

Post a Comment